quinta-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2022

 

RALLY DAKAR 2022


Fiasco para Barreda y éxito de Sainz en la úndecima etapa del Dakar

Fiasco for Barreda and success of Sainz in the eleventh stage of the Dakar

The eleventh stage of the Dakar did not have the expected outcome for Joan Barreda, but in general lines it has been a good journey for the 'Spanish Armada'. And that's more than their own results, the difficulties that the special presents have allowed us to enjoy. This is what Carlos Sainz has expressed after winning the stage triumph with the Audi RS Q e-tron, but also Nani Roma and Carlos Checa after surfing the dunes proposed by ASO on the course. The combination of fast tracks, dunes, stony areas and a difficult navigation han hecho the delights of the caravan del Dakar.

Lorenzo Santolino was the best Spanish player of the day to finish in the eleventh position. This result was valid to place in the twelfth place of the general at 5 minutes and 5 seconds from the 'top 10': «Nothing bad to leave, around kilometer 4, at the opening of a 'waypoint'. I was there Adrien Van Beveren giving vueltas. If only we had been able to stray so far, we could not have gone wrong. The truth is that we did not understand that pasaba. Luego has seen that he was on el camino bueno, but too far away. I went a kilometer behind and I saw Short and Van Beveren. I managed to go a mouse with them, but in the dunes I couldn't follow them. The day has been difficult for the navigation in the first few kilometers. At the end it was all 100% gas and dunes».

Sandra Gómez was also weighed down by her physical problems, but that didn't prevent her from enjoying the special: “Today I had to start because my shoulder hurt and it took me a while to be ready. It was the second time that I had to face some dunes that were so high and it had taken me in time to take them to the measure. I had to help get out of one because I got stuck in the crest to brake. Me lo he pasado bien because they were very big and I enjoyed them. In other dunes, the front rueda was paved, so I had to get off the bike. Since then, I have felt much more comfortable. After the repostaje he recovered a little bit of time. I enjoyed having more stages like this one».

Cars...Carlos Sainz couldn't fight for the 'Touareg', but he opened the Dakar with positive sensations: “I'm very happy with today's stage and on the ground because of the result. Lo cierto es que hoy había a little at all. We have had to deal with the camel field, with very high dunes, smaller and softer dunes, with navigation, but also with rocks and dry channels. I believe it is one of the most complete stages I have seen. It was very difficult to open track today. We came across Stéphane Peterhansel when he returned in search of one of the hidden 'waypoints', a 'waypoint' that we also looked for. Luego we have not seen it more. Seb has arrived after us and it is always very fast, but finally he has not been able to overcome us ».

Nani Roma has had a very positive stage with the BRX Hunter T1+: “It was a great day with a very beautiful stage. In fact, it was one of the hardest days of this year, something that I really liked. It had beautiful dunes and some camel grass. It was difficult for Alex's injured rib, so towards the end he drove very cautiously. In spite of everything, we have had some magical dunes. As we got closer to the final of the rally, I realized that the BRX Hunter T1+ is so strong that we can't compare it with the coach of the past year, especially on terrains like today's camel hierba. It's really on another level and it's a pleasure to drive it».

Autonews

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

  MERCEDES-BENZ Mercedes-Benz eActros 600 wins ‘International Truck of the Year 2025’ Journalists covering the commercial vehicle sector in ...