quinta-feira, 14 de dezembro de 2017







INDYCAR




A primeira impressão sobre o novo carro da Indy foi positiva para Tony (Foto: Benito Santos))
In Sebring, Kanaan takes first test by Foyt and praises Indy's new car: "It's the guide bug"
"The new car is the guide animal." It was as Tony Kanaan set the first impression on Indy's new chassis for the 2018 season. The Brazilian, who now departs for a new cycle in the category to defend the Foyt team, completed his first laps for the new team during a session of collective testing last Wednesday (13) in Sebring. The Bahian was very pleased with what he saw at the beginning of his work. At age 42, the veteran will have a new teammate in 2018: the gaucho Matheus Leist, who will make his debut in Indy."Today we had the first test with the new team and also with the 2018 car," the pilot wrote in his Instagram account. "Foyt's beautiful work riding the car so fast for the test and Chevrolet's for the competitive engine. The test took place without any problem, and the new car is the guide, "said Tony, anxious for 2018 to arrive soon. "I'm counting the hours for the season to begin." After four years defending Ganassi, Kanaan will have in A.J. Foyt his new boss in the category.In an interview with the American magazine 'Racer', Tony outlined some comparisons between the new Indy car and the now-old DW12, which the category used for the last seven seasons. "I like this car, it's 100% better. I think the problem I struggled with last year was all downforce, and it never exactly matched the way I like it, "he explained.


Em Sebring, Kanaan correu sem a habitual pintura azul e vermelha da Foyt

"I'm convinced it's a lot different, and for me, I'm not saying I'm going to be better or worse, but I'm more used to it than the other style, which was too downforce, not so much effort, activating the throttle. Now you do not do any of this. The car works less for you, and I think it's going to be better for me because that's what I've done for many years in my life, "he said.The test also served to evaluate the new Chevrolet engine that will push the cars of Foyt in 2018. "It was a positive day for us because we came at the last minute for this test, it was very good for us to move. The whole day ran smoothly. We had no expectations, so it was great, "said Tony.The Indy 2018 season is scheduled for March 11 on the street circuit of St. Petersburg, Florida.



G. P.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

  YAMAHA Neo Connected: the Japanese company's first electric scooter made in Brazil Yamaha announced this Wednesday (9) its first elect...